Union Congregational follows a traditional congregational order of worship. Our regular worship service is held every Sunday at 10 A.M. in the sanctuary. Other opportunities for worship such as mid-week contemplative services are noted on our church calendar.
What to expect?
People often wonder what to expect when they visit a new church for the first time. When you visit Union Congregational, we hope you will find:
- A place and time to nourish your soul through joyful and thoughtful worship of God
- An active congregation that is bustling with energy. Many of our regular churchgoers have been members for many years and are happy to meet newcomers.
- A place for families with children of all ages who are active in learning, spiritual growth, and in service to our community
We look forward to welcoming you if you are just visiting or are looking for a new church home. A typical service includes:
- Announcements and prayer requests
- Congregational singing of varied Christian hymns
- Time for prayer and reflection
- A fun and relevant children’s message
- A scripture reading from the Bible and thought provoking sermon
- Communion service (first Sunday of each month)
Childcare & Sunday School
For families with small children (4 years & under), we provide a staffed nursery during worship to care for your child. All families begin worship together, children from pre-school age through 8th grade leave after the children’s message for Sunday school. Once a month, 8th-graders remain in the worship service to celebrate Communion with the congregation.
If you are in search of a new church family, we encourage you to speak with one of our pastors after the service. In addition to one-on-one conversations, our pastors regularly hold inquirers gathers for those who are interested in joining our church family.